Monday, June 22

Summer reads

Sam and Don's book recommendations:
My Life in France
In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto
Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer
The Man Who Ate The World: In Search of the Perfect Dinner
How To Cook A Wolf, via Portland Daily Sun.
More food-related summer reading suggestions:
Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way
The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook: A Year in the Life of a Restaurant
Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking From Donald Link’s Louisiana
Vefa's Kitchen
Tacos
Pure Simple Cooking: Effortless Meals Every Day
Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking
The Best Skillet Recipes
Mix Shake Stir: Recipes From Danny Meyer’s Acclaimed New York City Restaurants
Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies, and More
Serious Barbecue: Smoke, Char, Baste, and Brush Your Way to Great Outdoor Cooking
Well-Preserved: Recipes and Techniques for Putting Up Small Batches of Seasonal Foods, via the New York Times (+ 20).
More and more and more:
via Chow.
via NPR.
via Foodinista.
Rabelais plans to have a sidewalk sale June 28: their first catalog is now online.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

That's a great list. I read and liked In Defense of Food. I've added My Life in France to my reading list. Thanks for the tip.

11:18  
Blogger Psst! said...

What? I thought you made this list?

12:25  
Blogger Don said...

I guess when I sent my comment it didn't pull down all my info from gmail and I noticed that you have a Don on this blog.
I'm a different Don, just passing through...

12:29  
Blogger Psst! said...

Thx for reading.

14:20  
Blogger don lindgren said...

Hey, that's my name!

19:49  
Blogger johnnyd said...

Will the Real Don please stand up?

08:27  
Anonymous johnnyd said...

Yeah, this is confusing.

13:03  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home